Uttarakhand University of Horticulture and Forestry
The State Government of Uttarakhand established Uttarakhand University of Horticulture & Forestry (UUHF) on 28th April, 2011 with its head quarter at Bharsar,Pauri Garhwal. It is linked with the National Agriculture Research System (NARS) and the Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR). The Name of The University has been changed to Veer Chandra Singh Garhwali Uttarakhand University of Horticulture& Forestry on 22nd January, 2015.
- To provide opportunities for the citizens of the state and the country for education in the field of Agriculture, Horticulture & Forestry in its broad sense and to promote research and extension programmes in Agriculture, Horticulture & Forestry. Strengthen UG and PG teaching through periodic revision of syllabi to meet the challenges in fast changing scenario of agriculture.
- To establish the required infrastructure to conduct location specific research in the field of Horticulture, Forestry and Hill agriculture
- To generate technologies to improve the production and income of the farmers.
- To need the assistance of the development departments of the Government and other agencies to test and disseminate the improved technologies developed.
- To provide opportunities for rural youth and women for learning and adoption of improved agro-technologies.
- To revitalize the extension activities through the creation of specific infrastructure.
Colleges and Programs of UUHF
College of Horticulture
Under Graduate Programme: B.Sc. (Hons) Horticulture – 4yrs
Post-Graduate Programme: The University offers Seven Post-Graduate programmes leading to Masters degree in :
- MSc. Horticulture (Fruit Science) – 2 years
- MSc. Horticulture (Vegetable Science) – 2 years
- MSc. Horticulture (Floriculture & Landscape Architecture) – 2 years
- MSc. Horticulture (Plantation crops, Spices, Medicinal & Aromatic Plants) – 2 years
- MSc. (Food Technology) – 2 Years
- MSc. (Agri) Entomology – 2 Years
- MSc. (Agri) Plant Pathology – 2 Years
College of Forestry
Under Graduate Programme: B.Sc. (Hons) Forestry – 4yrs
Post-Graduate Programme : The University offers Five Post-Graduate programmes leading to Masters degree in :
- M.Sc (Forestry) Agro-Forestry -2 yrs
- M.Sc (Forestry) Silviculture – 2yrs
- M.Sc (Forestry) Tree improvement – 2yrs
- M.Sc (Forestry) Forest Products and Utilization – 2yrs
- M.Sc (Forestry) Seed Science & Technology – 2yrs
College of Hill Agriculture
At present, College of Hill Agriculture, Chirbatiya is offering four year Under Graduate degree programmee in B.Sc. Agriculture (Honours) at College of Forestry, Ranichauri.
Institute of Food, Science and Technology
B.Tech Programme: At undergraduate level IFST offers B.Tech. degree programme in Food Science. The duration of the course is four years divided into two semesters per year.
M.Tech. programmes in Food process Engineering are providing deep knowledge of broad area in Food Science and Engineering. The duration of course 2 year divided into two semesters per year.
Veer Chandra Singh Garhwali Uttarakhand University of Horticulture and Forestry, Bharsar
Pauri Garhwal 246123