Wildlife Institute of India (WII)
Established in 1982, Wildlife Institute of India (WII) is an internationally acclaimed Institution offering training programs in wildlife research and management. The Institute is actively engaged in research across the breadth of the country on biodiversity related issues.
It trains government and non-government personnel and carries out research, and advises on matters of conservation and management of wildlife resources.
Mission of Wildlife Institute of India
To nurture the development of wildlife science and promote its application in conservation, in consonants with our cultural and socio-economic milieu.
Aims & Objectives of Wildlife Institute of India
- Build up scientific knowledge on wildlife resources.
- Train personnel at various levels for conservation and management of wildlife.
- Carry out research relevant to management including the development of techniques appropriate to Indian conditions.
- Provide information and advice on specific wildlife management problems.
- Collaborate with international organizations on wildlife research, management and training.
- Develop as a regional centre of international importance on wildlife and natural resource conservation.
Courses in Wildlife Institute of India
- Master's in Wildlife Science (2 Years)
- Post Graduate Diploma Course in Advanced Wildlife Management
- Certificate Course in Wildlife Management (3 Months)
- Master's Course in Heritage Conservation and Management
- Short courses and workshops of one to three weeks duration
- Animal Ecology and Conservation Biology
- Ecodevelopment Planning and Participatory Management
- Endangered Species Management
- Habitat Ecology
- Landscape Level Planning and Management
- Protected Area Network, Wildlife Management and Conservation Education
- Population Management, Capture and Rehabilitation
- Wildlife Health Management
Wildlife Institute of India
Post Box #18, Chandrabani
Dehradun - 248001